Monday, March 4, 2013

Those Miserable Bastards. (Im kidding though)


It's about time to do a movie review I suppose. I guess I'll start with Les Miserables since that's the greatest movies I've seen this year in the theater. It was INCREDIBLE. I cannot even explain how remarkable everyone's performance was. Everyone was just spot on with their execution of each character. I cried 6 times (Yes, I counted just so I could inform you accurately on how many times I legitimately wept. Sobbed. I sobbed. Most of that crying was due to Fantine (Portrayed by the stunning Anne Hathaway) I could not stop crying since that first time she was thrown out of the factory/workshop. I mean, during that first moment when she had to cut all her hair off I just bawled. She lost everything. Her daughter, her pride, her home, her job, her dignity, and later her life. It was for lack of a better word, tragic. I wanted to reach in and give her a hug. I mean. 

 

How do you not cry after a performance like that? Knowing that most of that singing was recorded live, it was impressive. Some may not have been the best singers *cough- Russell Crowe (I still love you though)-cough* but they were outstanding, regardless of some of the vocals. I do recommend you go watch it if you're a fan of musicals, romance, and drama. Even if you don't like musicals, it was a great movie anyway. Eponine's story was also a huge tear jerker. She was pretty flippin' incredible.

So, if you have not watched it yet, then go fucking watch it. It's not that hard. I went to go see it twice, the first time with my folks (whom aren't broadway/musical fans whatsoever) so they weren't very enthralled because they're just like

 but the second time I went it was even better and I still loved it. Maybe even more. Then by the end of the movie when Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) dies and Cosette (Amanda Seyfried) is just bawling I. Just. My heart broke even more. I got out of the theater both times looking like this:  And my mother, whom never cries at movies and clearly doesn't understand, just looked at me like:

And I had to explain to her why I was crying which only made me cry more. I was just a huge mess. I was angry crying I think.  And damn Javert just kept coming out at the most inconvenient times like "Huzah, I found you!, the persistent bastard. Wouldn't let it go. He was like "Blarghhh I'm gonna arrest ye 24601!" In my head every time he confronted Jean Valjean, I was like:

Stars: 5/5 

 http://youtu.be/8JJ-XVpT6A0Trailer
Kirsten Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment